Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Day 91 – 18th August – Litchfield National Park

Guess what we did today?  We went to a waterhole where we jumped in and did bombies… then we drove to another waterhole where we jumped in and did bombies…

Another day, another waterhole (or two)… today was pack up day so we headed out early for Florence Falls.  The falls themselves were stunning… there is so much more water here in the NT than back on the Gibb River Road.  Here’s the view from the top… 



135 stairs get you down to the bottom where you can swim in the plunge pool 


It was a bit early in the morning and a bit chilly for me so I wandered about with my binoculars… to find our 100th bird on our list.  The coveted spot goes to… the Rose Crowned Fruit Dove…

From the falls we walked through a monsoonal rainforest along a creek to get back to the carpark.  Geez I love that kind of environment… so pretty and so lush and green…

We drove back to camp where we packed up then went for one last dip in the Buley Rockhole.  When I say dip, I mean we jumped in like crazies over and over again… 




Proof that Dave and the kids are not the only crazies…  me and Spidey got into the action too… 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! You make me want to go and see these places - only a bit too far to drive from here. So glad you're having such a great time.