Monday, June 1, 2015

Day 12 – Sun 31st May

We had originally paid for two nights camping but after the second day, we had not yet had our fill of this beautiful area.  So, we paid for the extra night with the plan to hit Gnaraloo Bay for some more snorkeling.  All I can say is WOW! WOW! WOW! Anyone who knows me, knows I love Coral Bay.  Well, I think Gnaraloo Bay easily rivals Coral Bay.  I think if you were to compare Gnaraloo Bay to the Coral Bay town beach (not including Oyster Bridge or 5 Fingers), I would say Gnaraloo Bay wins.  Firstly the beach is far more scenic/picturesque and is almost deserted, so you have it to yourself and secondly, because there is far less human traffic, the snorkeling is way better.  I reckon the snorkeling is better because less people means less impact on the coral.  

Driving on the sand track up to Gnaraloo Bay there is a section of cliffs running parallel to the road.  Not sure if you can see them in this photo, but there are a whole heap of goats standing right on the edge of the cliff looking down on the world...


These people rudely photobombed my perfect shot of this idyllic location...



Bright purple flower coral


It always brings a smile to my face when I spot one of my favourite fish, a Boxfish


Megan playing in the water


Tomorrow we're heading back off grid again to Warroora Wilderness Camp (just south of Coral Bay) so no phone/internet for a few days again... bliss ;)

No comments: