Monday, October 22, 2007

A first!

No doubt over the next few months I will be reporting on Megan's 'firsts'. We have achieved the first two 'firsts' in the past few days.
We had been to see her Health Care Nurse on Thursday where I was asked if Megan had started rolling yet, to which I replied she was close but hadn't quite got there. Sure enough the very next day I put her on the floor for some tummy time and she immediately rolled over onto her back. I was just recovering from my shock when she then proceeded to roll back over onto her belly again. So we achieved both rolls (front to back & back to front) in one go.
Today's first is the introduction of food. I have been noticing how much Megan watches us at the dinner table. She watches the food off your plate and into your mouth and her little lips quite often move as if she REALLY wants some. So today I obliged her with her first go at some rice cereal. There was only a slight screw up of the face when I gave her the first mouthful and then every mouthful afterwards she opened her mouth up wide for me to put the spoon in - so she was keen. I must admit that there was an awful lot of cereal that was simply pushed out of her mouth so I'm not sure how much made it into her belly. Anyway, I would call her first taste of food a success. Here are some photos of the occasion - they are quite blurry because it is difficult to feed a child for the first time with your right hand and take photos at the same time with your left hand...


No comments: