Friday, April 11, 2008

Who's a lucky girl?

My day started out as badly as the rest of the week has gone - we went to bed at about 10pm but was rudely awoken at midnight because Aiden had been in our bedroom fiddling with my alarm clock and had switched it on... I was then woken by a hungry Megan at 3am and then she had the nerve to start the day for good at 5.30am. So I didn't get much sleep and to top it off my neck/shoulder is cramped and is killing me. Needless to say I have been a little short-tempered for most of the day. However, things are looking decidedly better after a little shopping expedition. I have been hassling Dave for months now because I desperately wanted a new camera - and today he finally relented! I (oops WE) are now the proud owners of a Nikon D60 digital SLR. There's a lesson here for everybody: 1) for us girls: keep hassling/nagging those blokes because they WILL give in eventually and 2) for the blokes: the quicker you give in the better - in this case had Dave bought me a camera months ago I was only considering the D40 (much cheaper) but over a period of time the wishlist went from the D40 up to the D40x then up again to the D60...
Anyhow, I am very happy and very grateful for my loving husband who buys me these cool toys. I am now sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the battery to charge so I can start taking some happy snaps. I have attempted to read the manual but my head is a fuzz of words like aperture, f-stops, shutter speed, etc - and I still don't know what they all mean. No doubt I will be posting some of my photos on the blog...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New set of clubs now Dave?
Good one Sara
Gary