Friday, August 24, 2007

Our week in review

I haven't posted anything other than my scrapbook pages for a while so I thought I'd fill you in on what we've been up to this week...
********
Dave: unfortunately he got the "thanks but no thanks" phone call from Rio Tinto today. He wasn't overly upset though because 1) we already knew that the other guy had been offered the job and 2) if this other guy takes the job then his job at KNR should hopefully become available to Dave. So we are still waiting...waiting...waiting to see what happens.
Dave's other news is that he had 'THE SNIP' last week and so has been walking around rather gingerly. He had been on the mend and almost walking normally until Aiden jumped on him this arvo...OUCH!
********
Megan: had her immunisation needles last week and boy was she not happy! Thankfully she let out an enormous scream when the needles (2 of them) went in but then settled quite quickly with one of mummy's 'special' cuddles. She also had a check over by the health nurse - she is now a healthy 5kg and 58cm long and is considered quite strong for her age (must be that good breeding stock she came from!).
********
Aiden: had his first day at daycare with mixed results. I went to drop him off and stayed about half an hour to get him settled then made my hasty retreat. The centre then called me before an hour had even gone to say he was not happy so could I come and pick him up. Sure enough I drove all the way there to discover that in the mean time he had settled and was doing OK. So I thought I would leave him a bit longer and he actually lasted for another couple of hours before they rang me again to say he had well and truly had enough. However, when I turned up he was actually keen to stay and play - this tells me he was obviously happy in the environment he just wanted his mum there too. When we finally left he was in the car for all of 2 minutes before he crashed and burned and fell asleep so I am guessing that sheer exhaustion played a part in his final dummy spit. Anyway, I am not disheartened just yet and we will try again next week.
*******
Me: Hank & Vicki left last Saturday so once again I am required to do the dishes, sweep the floor and do the other household chores they were helping out with. So as you can imagine I am feeling a bit sorry for myself!

No comments: