Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I've been busy...

You may have noticed that my blog updates have been few and far between at the moment. This is for two reasons: 1) I spend all day long running around to meet the needs of two children and I don't get much of a break and 2) we haven't been getting out and about much lately so there isn't much to write about.

Our life is pretty mundane at the moment... Dave goes off to work in the wee hours of the morning and when he comes home we pretty much have to get straight into feeding, bathing, and attempting to get two children asleep. Surprisingly Megan is the angel of the two. I feed her about 7pm after which she proceeds to sleep for 7hours... sometimes even 8 hours! This is unbelievably good for me as I at least get one stint of deep sleep during the night between her feeds. Aiden on the other hand is an absolute nightmare at the moment. He has developed a fear of rain, wind & thunder and of course we are in the middle of winter so several times a night (usually 2-3am) we are woken by a hysterical little boy because it is raining... Hopefully this phase will pass eventually.
Other than the sleep problems we are all well. Dave has actually started a new position at work as a Superintendent so he is keeping busy.
********
Dave decided to try Megan in the shower about a week or so ago. Of course like her big brother she absolutely loved it. Here is a photo of her first shower:
Megan has been smiling at me for a few days now but today was the first time I managed to capture it on the camera:

Aunty Mel in Brisbane sent this beanie for Aiden - looking at the photo just now I only just realised his jumper matches the logo on the beanie...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found myself going "ohhh, ohhh" at these pics of Megan. She is so so adorable!! We miss you much!
Annie

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful smile this little girl has, she is quite a stunner. We can't wait to see these smiles in real. We are on our way down and we'll be starting to-morrow

love from oma and opa