Saturday, June 30, 2007

Introducing Megan

What a roller coaster of events we’ve had over the past few weeks! I started to believe that I would NEVER pop and that I would be celebrating our child’s 21st birthday while it was still in my belly. Anyway, to put things back in perspective I ended up going into labour on the actual day she was due – so I wasn’t even overdue… just incredibly impatient. I had been having contractions on and off for a few weeks but at about midnight on the morning of the 20th June I noticed the pain had stepped up a notch. Dave and I headed up to the hospital about 1am to be informed by the midwife that the baby was well and truly on the way and so it was too late for my much anticipated epidural (bummer). Thankfully it was a relatively short labour with Megan Skye making her entrance into the world at 3.28am. Her arrival was greeted by one very tired, high on pethidine mother and a very proud daddy.


No comments: