Friday, September 4, 2015

Day 102 – 29th August – Katherine Gorge

We were up bright and early today for a morning cruise in Katherine Gorge.  You can’t walk in and out of this gorge, it’s either a cruise or a canoe.  With the 37 degree days we’ve been having we thought the idea of canoeing was just a little too much effort… so we opted for the cruise.

Here we are at the boat launch… there is a nice little park and foreshore area along the river.  Usually you can swim here too but at the moment it is closed for swimming… which can mean only one thing… crocs.  So, I find it rather incredible watching this guy do his job… check out the dude getting everyone into their canoes… wouldn’t do that job even if you paid me a whole lot of money… 


Ready for our tour 


Katherine Gorge is actually made up of 9 individual gorges that are each separated by rocks.  So you go down First Gorge, hop off the boat or canoe, walk over the rocks, then hop back onto a new boat or canoe, travel to the end of the Second Gorge until you hit the rocks, and so on…  The cruise we were on only travelled up the first two gorges.  Here we are walking around to the second boat 


The Second Gorge is well known for this stretch.  Apparently it has a fancy name but for the life of me I can’t remember what it is. 


This is us enjoying the return trip back to the boat launch.  Even Spidey enjoyed the views... 



We spent the rest of the day relaxing and swimming in the hot springs.  Throughout my blog I have shared all the awesome places we have visited… now I have to share something equally as important to me… I have finally created a bookworm!  Aiden has never disliked reading but he has never really shown much enthusiasm… until we bought him a copy of Harry Potter.  For the last couple of days, every spare few minutes we have he ducks away into the car or finds a spot where he can read his book… I love it! 


No comments: