Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Europe Post #2

You wouldn't believe the day we had... Vicki took us into Wales to go castle spotting.  It was absolutely, positively AMAZING.  Dave and I have never seen anything like this so we were blown away.

The first castle is in Chepstow... this photo below doesn't do it justice AT ALL.  The right side of the castle is actually built on a cliff face overlooking an estuary and the whole thing extends quite a way back.

Here's an overhead picture I found on the net:
Vicki and I posing for a photo somewhere inside the castle:
I had to show you this... we stopped at a little pub for lunch and over here it is typical to have potato chips (crisps NOT hot chips) served with your lunch....
Next stop was Tintern Abbey... we weren't really prepared to be impressed.... but believe me, we were!  It was massive!  It is such a shame these beautiful buildings are in ruin.
Finally, we visited Raglan Castle... this was almost exactly like the stereotypical picture I had in my head of a castle.  The second photo is the view from the top of the tower (the tower is shown on the left side of the first photo).  We searched high and low for the resident princess but in the end had to convince Megan the princess was out shopping for shoes...

No comments: