Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Family Update

I realised the other day that I have had my head stuck in the scrapbooking world for a while now and so have been a bit remiss about providing an update on the kids. So here's a run down on what we've been up to:

Megan

She has been going to daycare for a couple of months now and is slowly but surely getting used to the whole idea. When she first started she would scream the place down when I left but the last time I dropped her off she only gave one little yell and then was happily amused by the carer. She comes home absolutely dead tired though because she still isn't really sleeping while there.

At home she has turned into quite the climber... anything that sits still for 2 minutes is fair game to be stood on! She loves to climb up on top of something then slowly get up to standing and then letting go with her hands - at which point she looks triumphantly at us expecting praise. Our one problem with this is her insistance on climbing onto the glass coffee table - I must have told her off a million times yesterday but she kept on doin' it. Any suggestions on how to discipline a 1 year old?

Megan's other big news is that she has started eating by herself with a spoon. Let me tell you it is a VERY messy process. Surprisingly she actually manages to get quite a bit of food in. She did, however, resort to using her hands the other day to finish her soup - and yes, she DID manage to get soup off the tray and into her mouth using nothing but her hands!

Here are some photos of the very first time she used a spoon to eat some yoghurt:



Aiden

What can I say about Aiden? Hmmmm... he's just being Aiden. Still full-on, still 3, still pushing mummy's buttons! Noooo, it's not all bad. We went and enrolled him for school a couple of weeks back and so he's getting quite excited about starting school next year. He is still loving daycare even though his 'best friend' got moved up into the next room.

He is still 'Cars' mad - he watches the movie EVERY single day. It's pretty sad that Dave and I can recite whole chunks of the movie!

I would have liked to post a nice photo of him here but he has decided he doesn't like his picture being taken at the moment so a joint photo was the best I could do:

Dave

Dave is working REALLY hard. His plant has been shutdown for the past three months which has meant he has been working longer hours and doing something that isn't his 'normal' job. The shut was due to finish last weekend but his area wasn't ready - and he copped a major ribbing for it. Poor guy, he cops crap at work and then comes home to a stroppy wife because he's late... he's had it tough for a few months... hopefully things will be back to normal in the next week or so.

Me

I have been teaching a couple of first year Maths classes up at Uni and am actually enjoying it (apart from the assignment marking which sucks!). You have probably noticed that my scrapbooking hobby has taken a new direction - I am now designing kits. I am absolutely loving my new hobby and have had some relative success. My best kit so far has reached a record 1150 downloads.

Mum aka Nana aka Glenise

Mum had just bought a new house in our suburb. I think settlement is in a month. We are really looking forward to having her nearby. I am already anticipating the extra babysitting she can do!

OK, sorry about the long post but now you know where we're at.

No comments: