Friday, February 29, 2008

Welcome to the world...

... little baby Lucas Flynn.

My very good friend Cassie gave birth to a beautiful baby boy yesterday. Lucas arrived into the world at 5pm weighing 3.9kg and 53cm long. He did however, take his time about the whole thing with poor Cass labouring for several days before she had her dream birth at home in a birthing pool. Brett (the proud new daddy), is in the running for daddy of the year with his support and big sister Charlotte is pretty chuffed with her new brother.

So congratulations to this awesome family!

On a final note I just want to say how proud I am of Cass. She had a vision in her mind how she wanted this birth to go and despite an overwhelming lack of support from several fronts she stuck to her guns and proved in the end that she knew what was best. I am so happy it turned out the best possible way.

Mum & bub:
The happy family:
My first cuddle with baby Lucas:

No comments: